– The survey shows that by huge margins ABQ residents think that crime is getting worse and that we need more cops—not fewer cops—to make the city safer.
– Of those surveyed, 67 percent think crime is getting worse in the city.
– The poll showed that 83 percent of residents believe the city must hire more cops in order to make the city safer.
Yesterday we asked if anyone out there—the news media, the city council or our lying mayor Tim Keller—would ask the 560,213 Albuquerqueans who aren't serial protesters how they feel about all the rioting, crime, violence and craziness going on in our city right now.
Well, it turns out that there was a survey done and it isn't good for the lying mayor and his leftist cronies at City Hall.
The survey was done in January by Research and Polling, Inc., and it shows that by huge margins ABQ residents think that crime is getting worse and that we need more cops—not fewer cops—to make the city safer.
Of those surveyed, 67 percent think crime is getting worse in the city. That's 67 percent who think that crime is getting worse in the city! Mayor Timmy and city councilors, are you listening?
The survey, which was commissioned by the Albuquerque Police Officers Association, showed that 83 percent of residents believe that the city must hire more cops in order to make the city safer. Two thirds of those surveyed—66 percent—said that crime here has had a negative impact on their quality of life. And a whopping 73 percent said that crime has had a negative impact on businesses in the city.
And the causes of crime? Well, 40 percent say it's fueled by drugs and drug abuse.
Only 28 percent of those surveyed said that cops need additional oversight, rules and reform.
Again, this survey was done in January before all the craziness started. We would guess that the public perception about crime has only gotten worse since the riots, destruction and serial protesters took to the streets.
These survey results are devastating for the defund the police crowd and those who constantly demonize the police. Here's the survey's two main messages: People think crime is increasing, and they want more cops, not fewer of them.
If our lying mayor continues to let 200 to 300 serial protesters—and not the 560,213 people who don't protest—steer and control the city's agenda, he and his leftist and progressive cronies will be toast in next year's mayoral election.
So we'll repeat what we said yesterday.
Why is Albuquerque allowing the same 200 very far left people to drive our city policy? Albuquerque has 560,513 people and I greatly doubt that the majority want the craziness that these 200 are spouting. The Albuquerque Journal or another news organization should do a poll and ask the citizens of Albuquerque if they:
1. Want to defund the police (which would make for a much smaller department)?
2. Want to disband the police department?
3. Don’t want to accept federal law enforcement help to arrest career criminals?
4. Feel safe in Albuquerque?
5. Think crime is under control?
6. Think violent crime is going down?
7. Think property crime is going down?
8. Agree with Tim Keller’s far left progressive agenda?
It’s time for the media to stop giving the same 200 people air time. Let’s hear from the other 560,213 citizens.
What do you think?